Annandale, New Jersey History
Home | Annandale History | Picture Gallery
Annandale Post Office c. 1892
1908 Looking Down Centre St. from Main St.
Theodore Risler was the first village postmaster and was succeeded in turn by Josiah Cole and John Lair.
April 24, 1879 Hunterdon Republican excerpt - CREVELING, Henry, has been appointed Postmaster at Annandale, in place of LAIRE, John P., who resigned.
John W. Sweazy, Postmaster from 1914 Farm and Business Directory
Fire Wrecks Jersey Post Office - from NY Times - Feb. 27, 1952 - Annandale, NJ PO wrecked by fire
The post office fire was on Main Street, February 26, 1952 and was thought to have started by a oil space heater. Temporary quarters were set up 2 doors down in the David Sharp building. The post office was reopened by April 1.
The Post office was later moved to the Fox/Seals building (The Old Municipal Building) at the corner of West and Washington Streets.